Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Wedding in Short

I decided to post a series of photos that will show you our wedding in short. This is for those who either a) were not able to make it or b) just want to see the photos.

So to start with of course everyone was seated and then the men walked in and waited my attendants walked down the aisle. So the first photo is one of my little brother (Kyle), my groom (Matt), his best-man (Jason) and groomsman (Brandon).



Then my attendants walked down the aisle followed my father and I. So next is the picture of my daddy and I walking down the aisle. This is about the point when my dad asked me "do we really know all these people?" and around us many snickered.



Then my dad gave me away. Followed by vows spoken to each other and to God. This is a covenant that Matt and I both take very seriously. This closes with the exchange of rings. The ring is a symbol of eternity because there is no beginning or end to it, but it is also a symbol of love and devotion.



Next we were pronounced as Husband and Wife and Matt was given permission to kiss me. Followed by the introduction of us as Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Swann.

Our attendants are the following pictures:

This is my best friend (sister) Erin and Matt's best friend Jason as our Matron of Honor and Best Man

This is another set of really good friends. Amy as my brides maid and Brandon as Matt's groomsman.

Our Ring Bearer and Flower Girl were both cousins of mine. Our flower girl is Jessica and our ring bearer is Stephen.

The of course the ceremony was followed by many pictures with family. Next was dinner that was delicious. It was catered by the Vocational Training Center and they did a fabulous job!! After Matt and I finished eating we got to go take more photos. Next were toasts offered up by Jason, Erin, My Dad and Matt's Dad. Then we cut the cake (which was tasty, but was not decorated exactly as I ordered it). Then our first dance, which was, I Will Be Here by Steven Curtis Chapman.



This was followed by a Father Daughter Dance to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle.



And followed by a Mother Son Dance.

Then we had the bouquet toss, which to my surprise was caught by one of my best friends.



And then also there was the garter toss, which again I was surprised at who ended up with it. So here is a photo of the people who theoretically will be the next to marry if tradition holds up.



Then we went on to open dancing and mingling. I am sorry to say that I did not get to see everyone that came to my wedding. I made a concerted effort, but some people had to leave right after the ceremony and other had to leave right after dinner. So next are some photos of the dancing and such.

My parents dancing.

The kids having a blast dancing away to one of the fun songs. This photo is awesome because it caught the kids jumping in mid air.

This is the Hokey-Pokey of course. What is dancing without the Hokey-Pokey?

But it was my parents who hosted this whole event and are a great role model at them having been married for 28 years. Thanks mom and dad!!



Then after mingling for a while longer we had our last dance, where everyone blew bubbles at us, which gave a pretty cool affect for this photo:



This was followed by us leaving in a clean rental car. Thank you everyone for not decorating the rental car. We really did not want to have to clean it early in the morning before driving to Los Angeles to get to the airport in time.

No comments: